One of Nature’s Most Useful and Versatile Materials…
Ground Calcium Carbonate, Life Just Wouldn’t Be the Same Without It.
For most people, their first experience with ground Calcium Carbonate was in elementary school – as white chalk at the blackboard. As one of the most versatile and widely used minerals today, Pure Ground Calcium Carbonate Powder, or limestone, has a wide variety of uses in agricultural, agronomy, industrial and environmental applications.
Ground calcium carbonate, commonly referred to as GCC in industrial applications, is widely used as a filler material. Ground calcium carbonate may be referred to as calcium or limestone in agricultural applications. Three primary attributes: particle size, chemical purity, and color define the quality of the GCC, and define the suitability of use for any given application.
- Animal feed ingredient – Calcium is an important structural component of bones and teeth and also is necessary for the normal function of all muscles and nerves.
- Aglime – It is used as a fertilizer to neutralize acidic conditions in soil and provide additional calcium for plants that require it.
- Glass – Additives used in the production of float & container glass
- Plastics – Fillers for plasticized & rigid PVC, unsaturated polyesters, thermoset polyesters, polypropylene, polyethylene, rubber, sealants and adhesives, and plastisols
- Coatings – Extenders in paints & coatings
- Construction – Caulks, adhesives, mastics, fiberglass reinforced polyester compounds, plaster of paris, wall board, powder coatings, acrylic & silicone based sealants & filled polyolefin compounds for flooring, cove base & other building products
- Calcium carbonate is used for environmental protection applications such as flue gas desulphurization
GLC Minerals produces ground calcium carbonate in a broad range of particle sizes. From 10 mesh or 0.1 inch in size, to finer sizes which may be as small as 200 mesh, or 75 microns GLC Minerals can offer a custom solution to meet your needs, including grinding to 3 micron particle size.